Re: SSH Port Forwarding Question

From: Richard E. Silverman (
Date: 07/28/04

Date: 28 Jul 2004 00:22:40 -0400

The per-process limit on concurrent open file descriptors for sshd on the
server is probably set to 64; try increasing it.

  Richard Silverman

Relevant Pages

  • Slow sftp transfer speed vs ftp
    ... with Solaris 9) I am transfering at 300 kb/sec. ... on both client and server. ... # The sshd shipped in this release of Solaris has support for major versions ... # Banner to be printed before authentication starts. ...
  • Re: cgroup OOM killer loop causes system to lockup (possible fix included)
    ... Please note, the way I am detecting if the oom_adj bug is present, is by checking if the sshd user processes are -17. ... - oom problem not found ... (booted into new kernel) ... secure shell server, for secure access from remote machines ...
  • Re: ssh_exchange_identification uClinux problem
    ... By default sshd does not let root login into a server. ... Connection closed by foreign host. ... inetd started sshd or logged an error. ...
  • OpenSSH 3.6.1p2 Inoperability Issue
    ... I am running a Linux Debian server at home, ... sshd will not accept connections. ... passwords, even if it is correct, is just says access denied. ... # Kerberos TGT Passing only works with the AFS kaserver ...
  • Re: ssh going zombie
    ... on the server kill the ssh server then restart it with the -d flag to put ... it into debug mode. ... and the ssh process hogs the processor on the server. ... subprocess is removed from the sshd config file the a sub sshd process ...