Checking success of automated scp

From: PullnOutHair (dirtytoyota_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/27/04

Date: 27 Jul 2004 13:49:11 -0700

I am utilizing scp with a public/private key pair to automatically
transfer files every night as a method of backing up my system. I get
this to work utilizing a bash script on my linux machine that runs
once a day, and performs a simple scp to a host server. Is there a
way that I can check for the success of the scp transfer inside the
bash script to see if I should retry?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Checking success of automated scp
    ... > I am utilizing scp with a public/private key pair to automatically ... > transfer files every night as a method of backing up my system. ... > this to work utilizing a bash script on my linux machine that runs ... and performs a simple scp to a host server. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Howto deny a sftp connection
    ... > but that they cannot transfer files from that server. ... If you're allowing shell access then it's basically impossible to stop ... > Thats why I want to stop and deny all sftp and scp connections. ... the sftp subsystem is easily to stop by editing the sshd_config. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SSH between computers on LAN
    ... It goes through 2 routers and ... I read where a guy was using "scp" to transfer files but his router ... ive recently started using this to transfer things between computers on ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: networking between fedora and macos
    ... > To just transfer files the easiest way is to use scp. ... directories on the Linux laptop so things like Mac OS's Mail "import" ... > recommend you use ssh and scp for access between the systems. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: SSH between computers on LAN
    ... I ssh to it from my laptop with Intrepid. ... It goes through 2 routers and ... I read where a guy was using "scp" to transfer files but his router ...
    (Ubuntu)