sftp

From: aidan (aidanmclaughlin_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/27/04

Date: 27 Jul 2004 07:29:23 -0700

We're looking at using ftp utilising the ssh2 security between an ftp
server and client.

is it possible to have additional functionality such as automated
restart when the connection between the two is lost?

I know we could use other protocols for this, however at present
there's a requirement that the client's could be any of the common ftp
client programs hence looking at keeping it sftp.

apologies for the vagueness, however it's all I know at the moment...

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SBS 2003 Premium: how to allow FTP .EXE downloads
    ... Disable the problematic client XP firewall, ... click to check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" ... Is the FTP server on SBS? ... Download the file from the following URL: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Telnet/ftp problems SBS2000
    ... | through the server to get internet access everything works. ... | client uses an internet backup company to backup his really vital data, ... I understand that you cannot use ftp service to ... the connection can be established ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • [VulnWatch] Directory Traversal Vulnerabilities in FTP Clients
    ... Vendors informed individually and through CERT/CC ... FTP clients, including those that may be embedded in web clients, can ... filename that the client requests. ... or the associated CERT vulnerability ...
    (VulnWatch)
  • Directory Traversal Vulnerabilities in FTP Clients
    ... Vendors informed individually and through CERT/CC ... FTP clients, including those that may be embedded in web clients, can ... filename that the client requests. ... or the associated CERT vulnerability ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [NEWS] Directory Traversal Vulnerabilities in FTP Clients
    ... vulnerable to certain directory traversal attacks by modified FTP servers. ... file/directory permissions and the privilege level of the client. ... A malicious server could potentially overwrite key files to cause a denial ... your vendor, or the associated CERT vulnerability note, if your product is ...
    (Securiteam)