Re: PuTTY + Wireless = Bad Combo?

From: Jack Moe (mojorisin_at_bigmailbox.net)
Date: 07/21/04

Date: 21 Jul 2004 11:24:10 -0700

Owen Dunn <owend@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in message news:<833c3lhds9.fsf@chiark.greenend.org.uk>...
> Jacob Nevins <jacobn@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>
> > Keith Cavey <keithcavey@comcast.net> writes:
> > >I'm experiencing major issues running PuTTY release 0.54 on my Windows
> > >XP Pro (latest updates/patches installed) laptop over my wireless
> > >network through a Netgear Wireless G Router. Basically, whenever I
> > >try right-clicking in PuTTY to paste text, or whenever I am performing
> > >a long list command (ls -l xxxxx) in the shell, my router crashes.
> >
> > PuTTY shouldn't be fundamentally incompatible with wireless
> > networking. PuTTY shouldn't be able to crash a router whatever it
> > does, so something is buggy with your router. It sounds like it
> > doesn't like long TCP packets or something similar.
>
> For information, I use PuTTY quite happily over a wireless network
> with none of the problems described. (This is using the old Nokia
> wireless kit which they don't make any more.)
>
> (S)
No such issues when using PuTTY (.54) and a Linksys AP/switch . . .
the version 1.0 unit, too.

Jack Moe

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ubuntu 12.04 and Wifi - Help wanted
    ... and I was able to connect Wirelessly to my router. ... Ideally the output from dmesg should be after you disconnect and disable wired networking and connect to the wireless network. ... It might also be worth checking the system and security logs, and the log on the router to see if it can shed any light on what's going on. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Connecting two routers and Computers, One 192. and One 10.
    ... I have one Netgear router plugged into a cable modem (I pay extra for the ... I have a Netgear wireless router connected to the Netgear (if the NG ... Time to search for some basic networking information. ...
  • Re: Machine for Secure Banking?
    ... Biggest problem is the networking. ... Note that even if your home network is entirely wireless, ... laptop, you can just carry it to the router, and plug in there. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: XP Home PC hardwired to router and XP Pro Laptop wireless through 2Wire router...
    ... > I am having some problems networking my pc and laptop wirelessly. ... > The PC has Windows XP Home hardwired to the router and the Laptop ... > has Win XP Pro with a Belkin wireless card. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • PuTTY + Wireless = Bad Combo?
    ... I'm experiencing major issues running PuTTY release 0.54 on my Windows ... XP Pro laptop over my wireless ... a long list command in the shell, my router crashes. ... Network error: Software caused connection abort. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)