Re: FTP SSH tunneling

From: Tristan Miller (psychonaut_at_nothingisreal.com)
Date: 07/11/04

    Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:00:18 +0200

    Greetings.

    In article <1944200.KJfsIiC8NS@ID-187157.News.Individual.NET>, Tristan
    Miller wrote:
    > For reasons unbeknownst to me, my network doesn't like back-to-back FTP
    > connections. Therefore programs like apt-get, which use wget to transfer
    > files via FTP, don't work. To get around this I am trying to tunnel an
    > FTP connection using ssh. I have not had much success so far.

    Ah... it just occurred to me that an FTP connection uses two ports; one for
    the command dialogue and the other to transfer the actual files. I
    suppose this is why I can't send or receive any data with the tunneled
    connection.

    Regards,
    Tristan

    --
       _
      _V.-o  Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)]  ><  Space is limited

    • Re: Not able to Ftp
      ... I was also looking at the missing challenge from the local security. ... Subject: Not able to Ftp ... 220 Connection will close if idle for more than 5 minutes. ... Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: Not able to Ftp
      ... Subject: Not able to Ftp ... I have executed the given command: the output are as below: ... connection. ... Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • RE: Telnet/ftp problems SBS2000
      ... Please make sure your client computers are configured as both Firewall ... will find two options "Enable folder view for FTP sites" and "Use Passive ... that the control connection has been successfully established, ... (other than port 21) ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: IPSwitch, Inc. WS_FTP Server
      ... > bounce attack as well as PASV connection hijacking. ... > The FTP bounce vulnerability allows a remote attacker to cause the ... > anonymously along with any internal addresses that the FTP server has ... That means it's got to handle a PORT ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: FTP question
      ... |> I have one server that has had connectivity issues this past week ... |> directed at trying yet another ftp software. ... |> or an error about the socket connection. ... |> own modem and a Linksey router using Xp 64bit system. ...