Re: FTP SSH tunneling

From: Tristan Miller (psychonaut_at_nothingisreal.com)
Date: 07/11/04

    Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:00:18 +0200

    Greetings.

    In article <1944200.KJfsIiC8NS@ID-187157.News.Individual.NET>, Tristan
    Miller wrote:
    > For reasons unbeknownst to me, my network doesn't like back-to-back FTP
    > connections. Therefore programs like apt-get, which use wget to transfer
    > files via FTP, don't work. To get around this I am trying to tunnel an
    > FTP connection using ssh. I have not had much success so far.

    Ah... it just occurred to me that an FTP connection uses two ports; one for
    the command dialogue and the other to transfer the actual files. I
    suppose this is why I can't send or receive any data with the tunneled
    connection.

    Regards,
    Tristan

    --
       _
      _V.-o  Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)]  ><  Space is limited