X11Forwarding problems.

From: Nuno Paquete (nmp_at_ispgaya.pt)
Date: 07/11/04

Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 12:01:32 +0100

Hi group.
I've seen a post thathis group that talks about X11Forwarding but it
couldn't help me, so I hope that you could help me.
I've got 2 Slackware boxes, one is connected to Internet and is my real
server (SSH, DHCP, Samba, Firewall, etc). The other is running on my
notebook, from where I want to open an X11 connection to the server.
I know that I have to configure /etc/ssh/sshd_config to give support to
that.
My sshd_config file has got this lines:

AllowTcpForwarding yes
X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10
X11UseLocalhost yes

The i make this:
ssh -X ns
nuno@ns:~$X

It seems that it starts connecting (I can see the screen of my server
changing) but it freezes with this messages at the command line:

XFree86 Version 4.3.0
Release Date: 27 February 2003
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.24 i686 [ELF]
Build Date: 11 February 2004
        Before reporting problems, check http://www.XFree86.Org/
Module Loader present
         (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.0.log", Time: Sun Jul 11 12:06:24 2004
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config"

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Nuno Paquete

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What is The SSH?
    ... Building and Using SSH Tunnels ... What is an SSH tunnel? ... how to use it to make a connection to a server. ... You will need a working SSH client and server installation to build and test ...
  • Re: how to map drive via ssh?
    ... I'm assuming that both machines (client and server) are running ... be tunnelled over an SSH connection, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Secure file sharing without OS X server?
    ... So I poked the GUI a bit - Finder, cmd-K, hit `Browse' in the `Connect ... to server' window, open the required server in the network browser, and ... them says `Allow secure connections using ssh'. ... `Can't make a secure connection to server ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • ssh connections hang; un-hang on subsequent connection
    ... I'm experiencing a strange problem with ssh connections to my ssh server ... I can make an initial connection to my ssh server fine. ... When I re-connect with ssh, the first session "thaws" and all ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • RE: Re: Remote connections
    ... Compliments of Cygwin you can setup a SSH server on ... connection through the SSH connection. ... Aside from creating a VPN tunnel and then performing a Remote Desktop ... Server Terminal Services and XP and 2003 server Remote Desktop machines. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)