Re: SSH connections to two hosts with the same IP address

chris_at_nospam.com
Date: 07/10/04

    Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 04:52:53 GMT

    On 8 Jul 04 13:46:36 PST, mckinneyj@cpva.saic.com wrote:

    >In article <pan.2004.07.08.20.02.33.269817@nowhere.net>,
    > "J. Smith" <jsmith@nowhere.net> writes:
    >> On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 11:29:00 -0800, mckinneyj wrote:
    >>
    >>> Rather than trying to "get ssh to understand that there are two different
    >>> remote hosts hiding behind the same IP address", why not use the same key
    >>> keys on each of these two hosts and your client will believe that these two
    >>> are a single host?
    >>
    >> Are you saying that the remote hosts should have the same public
    >> key/private key pair?
    >>

    >Yes, generate the keys on one of the systems and copy them to the other.

    Or you could get real creative and use iptables on the local machine
    to transparently redirect a bogus IP to the intended IP and alternate
    port.

    • Re: SSH tunneling ports < 1024 for normal users
      ... to forward a remote port to your local machine, ... >Is there any possibilty to allow users with normal rights tunneling several ... If you can use keys, ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • [SOLVED] Re: Bind 9 named on RH 9 only listens to local machine?
      ... Bind 9 named on RH 9 only listens to local machine? ... > I am thinking firewall issue. ... packets with a source port of 53, and it should have been a destination port ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Remote Desktop Viewer
      ... After hitting these keys together you will be able to see the local machine. ... Vijay Shanker Dubey ... I need to disconnect form the current session. ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: ipchains -> iptables
      ... >> Hello Fedora List users ... >> thing using iptables command. ... >> except empty chains INPUT, ... but the Internet from my local machine doesn't work. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: ciphire encrypted mail tool
      ... >> fake keyserver at that IP, intercept the request for other public ... >> keys and replace them with keys you own, then intercept the outbound ... If the attacker has access to the local machine (which would be ...
      (sci.crypt)