Re: SSH Windows XP to Slack linux problem

From: Bob (
Date: 04/30/04

Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 05:48:39 -0400

On 04/30/04 02:53 Toby Thatcher spoke:
> There is no firewall or proxy and all the problem computers are on the
> same domain as the server.
> It may have timed out on me once after about half an hour, but I
> usually give up befor that.
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:35:43 -0400, Bob <> wrote:
>> On 04/29/04 02:47 Toby Thatcher spoke:
>>> I'm using putty and winscp connect to my Linux boxes.
>>> Unfortunately it does not work on all my windows boxes. I can't
>>> figure this out. I have done lots of searching and asking to no
>>> avail. Putty/winscp works fine to other Linux boxes from these
>>> windows computers, just not this one. I can ping the Linux box
>>> just fine.
>>> What happens when I try to connect with putty is the terminal
>>> window opens but remains blank and does not time out.
>>> Could anyone give my any suggestions? Even if you can just point
>>> me in the right direction as far as diagnosing this problem,
>>> anything would help.
>>> Toby
>> Is there a firewall in the way?
>> It never times out? That is weird.

Are the Linux boxes all the same distribution and versions?
Maybe they are running ipchains.

Remove .NOSPAM from my email address to reply directly.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Open source firewalls
    ... > it on to the real server! ... Some of the validations can be done at proxy end. ... mean to say is it can't garantee avoiding buffer overflows. ... > are usually avoided in the firewall proxy itself. ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] httport 3snf
    ... >> wouldn't have gotten SSH out of my firewall. ... > Postfix SMTP server with a wildcard MX that handed the mail that wasn't ... > destined to me off to the downstream MS stuff, and an HTTP proxy server ... All it needs is a written policx "Internet access is ...
  • Re: An application gateway firewall based on Linux - ITShield firewall
    ... "Proxy" in application gateway firewall is different from proxy in HTTP ... proxy server or FTP proxy server. ... the session (I mean "session", ...
  • Re: Bypass ISA?
    ... >> Firewall aspect of ISA Server. ... >> the Proxy Server side of things though. ...
  • Re: Cant access our DMZ websites via web proxy...?
    ... So your ISA is a "one legged" caching server? ... The firewall allows HTTP between LAN and DMZ etc.> ... However, if we disable the browser proxy> settings, and just use the ISA Firewall Client - then the websites all> work perfectly. ...