Re: UDP port 22

From: Richard E. Silverman (res_at_qoxp.net)
Date: 04/28/04

Date: 28 Apr 2004 07:51:30 -0400

    MM> Hi! I found out that on my system (Debian) there is in
    MM> /etc/services written that UDP port 22 is used by SSH. How is
    MM> that? Is not ssh only TCP? Is this a mistake?

UDP port 22 is reserved for SSH along with the TCP port. It is not
currently used by any SSH implementation of which I am aware.

If you peruse the rest of your service file, you'll find that this is
standard practice.

--
  Richard Silverman
  res@qoxp.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Suddenly RDP via SSH cannot connect
    ... the machine that has the SSh server running that prevents connection. ... If your SSH port redirecting TCP Port 3389 to TCP Port 3390 that will not ... Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking) ...
  • Re: Suddenly RDP via SSH cannot connect
    ... For years RDP'ing to the SSH machine worked fine, now all of a sudden it has stopped. ... Has windows updated something to prevent this loopback type of connection in RDP? ... If your SSH port redirecting TCP Port 3389 to TCP Port 3390 that will not work with the new RDP 6 client. ... Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking) ...
  • Re: access files on my other computer through internet ?
    ... For a safe and secure way to simply grab files you could setup either a VPN ... or SSH server on the PC you want to get files from. ... The SSH method...You only need TCP Port 22 open on any firewall inbound. ...
  • Re: XP Remote Desktop and SSH
    ... the solution is to have ssh forward the remote system's tcp port 3389 ... to a local random upper tcp port like 33890. ...
  • Re: PIX IOS rules question
    ... > Is there a way to use the SMTP-only restriction on an inbound conduit ... > AND allow incoming traffic to TCP port 20022 (for SSH)? ... > CipherTrust tech support will only connect via SSH but our policy is ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)