SFTP and Unix 64 Bit compilation

From: Marc (marc.thomas_at_debis.com)
Date: 04/23/04

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:46:58 +0200

Hi,

i want to compile (GNU 3.2.2 or SUN Forte 7 with 64 Bit settings) and run
sftp under UNIX 64 Bit systems, but it does not work. Sftp can login und
store the fingerprint but the ls commando produces a core. I debuged and
found, that somehow the stack of some functions will be corrupted because of
an malloc call. I dont know why. I think the code is somehow not 64 Bit
safe. The same code compiled with GNU 3.2.2 or SUN Forte 7 with 32 Bit
settings will run fine.
Did anyone have experience or tried to run sftp with 64 Bit compilation?
It will be fine, if someone could give me a hint.

Regards,
Marc