Re: port forwarding

From: all mail refused (elvis_at_notatla.org.uk)
Date: 04/22/04

Date: 21 Apr 2004 22:07:46 GMT

In article <CFzhc.56989$Gp4.1299983@news20.bellglobal.com>, Bob wrote:

>Why does 'ssh -N -l root -L 110:192.168.1.110:110 root@gw' work but 'ssh
>-N -l root -L 110:gw:110 root@gw' gives an:
>channel 2: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed
>error?

What happens on gw when you
    "telnet 192.168.1.110 110" ?
    "telnet gw 110" ?

Where else do you you know the phrase "administratively prohibited" ?

Who reads your logs ?

--
Elvis Notargiacomo  master AT barefaced DOT cheek
http://www.notatla.org.uk/goen/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Hobo [HOPES] got too high"?
    ... bobdylan site, but it's clear enough on ... There have been some interesting theories about what this phrase ... The starting point would have been the cliche about hopes being too ... Or maybe Bob was thinking about the hopes ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: Homeland policy likened to Gestapos
    ... >I am thinking this phrase may be more useful as time goes by... ... >the other Bob ... Please replace weinerboy dot org with adelphia dot net for reply. ...
    (rec.models.rockets)
  • Re: Possible tree desease
    ... > bob whitehead wrote in message ... >> The only description i can give is they look like poppy seeds only ... >> I'm affraid i don't know what type of tree the logs are from. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: OT: moveon.org needs your help
    ... Bob responded to a post where DP used the phrase. ... I cop out, Rich ... ... So, rich, does your respect for free speech have any boundaries? ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • How did Bob come up with "reindeer armies"?
    ... the very odd "reindeer armies" in It's All Over Now, ... But how did the phrase get into the song in the first place? ... where Bob gets tripped up and sings something about ... but it has also appears as "horny-handed sons of the soil" (honest, ...
    (rec.music.dylan)