Re: OpenSSH incorrect timestamps

From: Mike Delaney (mdelan_at_computer.org)
Date: 04/21/04

    Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:33:22 -0500

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:11:44 -0400 in <c666g0$aeb$1@sws1.ornl.gov>,
    Dan Million said something similar to:
    :
    : To expand on my own post, it looks as if sshd is running with NO
    : environment variables set, which would tend to zap the timezone
    : information in the TZ variable on AIX. In the ChangeLog file for
    : 20040206 I see this entry:
    :
    : - (dtucker) [sshd.c] Bug #757: Clear child's environment to prevent
    : accidentally inheriting from root's environment. ok djm@
    :
    : Is this possibly causing the problem?

    I believe so. IIRC there was another thread on this same issue a
    few weeks ago, and that the above change was backed out for the
    next release because of it.