Re: PuTTY terminate on open Alteon Director - Contains packet dump (LONG POSTING)

From: Francis Libble (garyoffsite_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 04/05/04

Date: 5 Apr 2004 14:51:42 -0700

> Uh-oh. I believe that the ssh.com release of ssh-1.2.27 is pretty seriously
> out of date, and needs to be updated. Any cahnce you can get the Alteon
> Director (whatever that is) updated to use OpenSSH or a more recent ssh.com
> software release?

Its a switch appliance from Nortel and we are already running the
latest WebOS version. The interface provided doesn't facilitate much
more than interrogation and the setup of load balancing (the purpose
of the device) unfortunately.
http://www.nortelnetworks.com/products/01/pcd/index.html

> > We claim version: SSH-1,5-PuTTY-Release-0.53b
> > Using SSH protocol version 1
>
> Can you use SSH protocol version 2? Does the Alteon support it?

I'll take another look around the docs and the interface, but from
what I can see the answer is no.

Relevant Pages