SSH time out

From: gachsaran (gachsaran_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/01/04

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:36:59 +0200

Hi

I have local network af 3 PC's . OpenSSH server installed on my fedora and
Putty client on 2 other PC's. I can communicate with my server by using ssh
but when i try to communicat with my server from internet i get a timeout. I
have router(firwall) that connect my LAN to outside world. I know that port
22 is closed when i am on internet and therefore i have changed Port in
sshd_config to 4321 but i can't communcat with my server. I have removed my
router and try to communcat with my server by using ports(24,4321,...)
without any success.

Any ide will be apriciated.

Nokomo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSH time out
    ... I can communicate with my server by using ssh ... >but when i try to communicat with my server from internet i get a timeout. ... >sshd_config to 4321 but i can't communcat with my server. ... If you don't get the banner, then you have a firewall configuration ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
    ... The SBS DNS server, running on ... its IP it means that your problem is now DNS. ... forward ports to it reliably in the router. ... I should have been more clear about internet connection.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RWW Disconnecting
    ... I have been connected from a remote site for about 3 ... DHCP server and even a wireless access ... the key codes to for Internet access. ... Client Workstations} ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: EBS 2008 and e-mail issues
    ... the internal interface of the security server. ... If I forward to the Exchange server (yes I know I'm not ... rerunning the change security level wizard is not possible. ... customer here wants to exclude some users from internet. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
    ... I checked the binding order and the Server Local area connection is at the top. ... I should have been more clear about internet connection.. ... I wonder if I may have missed a firewall setting on the router as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)