Re: How can I configure to run as 'root' all the time ?

From: Nico Kadel-Garcia (nkadel_at_comcast.net)
Date: 04/01/04

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:59:22 -0500

"Jitendra Sharma" <jksharma@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:31ea0aae.0403311630.1ae494dd@posting.google.com...
> I want to run scp/ssh commands with effective user-id as 'root' ie.
> when I execute :
> %unix breeze<nwkuser>87: ssh NCP2 hostname
>
> This command should run with effective user-id as 'root' even though
> issued by 'nwkuser'. So , once this command is issued by 'nwkuser' it
> should do setuid/seteuid as 'root' and should look for SSH keys in
> /.ssh where I creates them.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

??? Why are you trying trying to muck around with suid commands when you can
start an ssh-agent as nwkuser, then ssh to localhost as root and load up
root's SSH keys as needed? Not that this is the way to do things: more
common would be to allow nwkuser's keys root access to hostname.

Is there some task you need to execute on breeze as the root user?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Apple recommending anti-virus software for Macs?
    ... > To be ultra-safe with the 'rm' command, ... Not a bad idea for root, It would drive me nuts in my user account. ... downloads directory and executing it. ... That I type an EOF is a trivial difference versus 'sudo' exiting ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: No rpm, no sound, no zip, and no kdm image.
    ... Whatever command I try to execute it prints the ... Rpm seems to work when I start the system in run level 1. ... >but as root, it still gave the same error. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [ squeeze ] Grub2 RAID1 LVM2 boot failure
    ... insmod mdraid ... That UUID it's not the same that grub will use for boot. ... the `root` partition from the point of view of grub is the partition ... BTW this command is undocummented in the wiki, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] su - -c $command user ???
    ... I'd like to calculate a command-string as root and pass it with su ... into the context of a unprivileged user to run the command not as ... Basically I need to know $d after the daemonuser created and filled ... Note the echo isn't really going to be a fully valuable ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: System-users and-groups?
    ... bin shouldn't do so much. ... was root and bin... ... Although the daemon user/group are ... as that user runs that command. ...
    (alt.linux)