How can I configure to run as 'root' all the time ?

From: Jitendra Sharma (jksharma_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/01/04

Date: 31 Mar 2004 16:30:25 -0800

I want to run scp/ssh commands with effective user-id as 'root' ie.
when I execute :
         %unix breeze<nwkuser>87: ssh NCP2 hostname

This command should run with effective user-id as 'root' even though
issued by 'nwkuser'. So , once this command is issued by 'nwkuser' it
should do setuid/seteuid as 'root' and should look for SSH keys in
/.ssh where I creates them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jitendra

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Apple recommending anti-virus software for Macs?
    ... > To be ultra-safe with the 'rm' command, ... Not a bad idea for root, It would drive me nuts in my user account. ... downloads directory and executing it. ... That I type an EOF is a trivial difference versus 'sudo' exiting ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: [ squeeze ] Grub2 RAID1 LVM2 boot failure
    ... insmod mdraid ... That UUID it's not the same that grub will use for boot. ... the `root` partition from the point of view of grub is the partition ... BTW this command is undocummented in the wiki, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] su - -c $command user ???
    ... I'd like to calculate a command-string as root and pass it with su ... into the context of a unprivileged user to run the command not as ... Basically I need to know $d after the daemonuser created and filled ... Note the echo isn't really going to be a fully valuable ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: System-users and-groups?
    ... bin shouldn't do so much. ... was root and bin... ... Although the daemon user/group are ... as that user runs that command. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • RE: remote ssh for root
    ... forced-commands-only option set, you have to have the command option set. ... execution as root. ... > This message contains confidential information and is ...
    (SSH)