Re: SSH scripting

From: Sensei (noone_at_nowhere.org)
Date: 03/26/04

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:29:51 GMT

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:34:35 -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> Than slap the idiot in the head for suggesting this commonly used and
> [...]
> the ssh-agent key with the file server using chroot cages
> (chroot.sourceforge.net).
> and put the FTP site password in a shell script.

SSH without passphrases. Fast and easy to implement. Totally insecure.
Right. Not so many users are so keen on security. I'd suggest a krb5
ticket passing: passwordless and more secure. But would you suggest this?
I don't know... Anyway, a user *must* know what he's doing with a
passwordless scripting.

--
Sensei    <mailto:senseiwa@tin.it>
          <icqnum:241572242>