VNC Tunneling problems through SSH

From: inbead (femba2001_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/25/04

Date: 24 Mar 2004 15:13:36 -0800

I have been using VNC through SSH (Putty GUI) for a while to access my
home computer (Server) from work.

Recently I changed internet service and now I can log into SSH from
Putty but can't establish a vnc connection. Here is my configuration:

On putty in the SSH Tunnels tab I have setup up:

Source Port: 5905
Destination: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5900 (Port 5900 is blocked at my work)
with local tab checked. So the config is:

L5905 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5900

After establishing connection to my home through Putty I open up VNC

On VNC I type

localhost:5
also tried localhost:5905

The error message I am getting is :

"Loopback connections disabled"

Any Ideas, what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: VNC Tunneling problems through SSH
    ... sounds like you lost the localloopback registry settings for VNC. ... > I have been using VNC through SSH for a while to access my ... > Putty but can't establish a vnc connection. ... > On putty in the SSH Tunnels tab I have setup up: ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: VNC problems
    ... I've gotten PuTTY (and another SSH client) to connect to the ... but I can't seem to get VNC to connect. ... which would appear to indicate that the tunnel isn't working ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How to create account in SSH - Newbie question
    ... >I have used vnc in the past to access my home computer from work, ... >now they have blocked vnc port from work. ... >through SSH. ... >server from ssh.com on my home machine. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: staying secure while allowing vnc...
    ... SSH, mozilla, iptables, and a few other things. ... So the solution I've decided to use is VNC thru an ssh tunnel. ... To connect from the laptop, I start up Putty, SSH to the box. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Workspaces
    ... > I am using putty to ssh into my Freebsd machine. ... There are lots of VNC servers and clients out there. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)