Re: scp failure

From: Robert (me_at_privacy.net)
Date: 03/22/04

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 02:14:27 +0100

Neil W Rickert <rickert+nn@cs.niu.edu> wrote:

<snip>

> Why not just
>
> scp -2 -v 192.168.2.2:/usr/share/doc/packages/telnet/README README

<snip>

> The command you used requires that sshd be running on the
> client. The command I suggested does not require it.
Great! Thank you very much!

Greetings,
Robert Welz

--
The Adress my@privacy.net is against spammers
and goes directly into the bin.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... These lines are the output of a directory-listing command and are ... With typical Windows tools, one can select a block of ... the editor you don't even have the benefit of whatever autocomplete ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Name change
    ... nearly impossible to uninstall, so I'm a bit wary about giving it a go. ... hard to scrape off the walls if the uninstall or make uninstall command ... when it shuts down - startup's quick (RAM check aside), ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: (some) Old Templars do not die/Long and Speculative
    ... but the leadership was composed entirely of (French) knights.... ... But not inventors. ... in command of the strategy in Outremer. ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... a line of the display for showing a search command in progress ... search turns up some references to Chinese and vim that makes me ... (repeat command) ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... It's a search-and-replace command, vistyle. ... No need to remind me that Windows users might ... How many times do you have to be told that a text-mode tool ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)