Disallowing SSH but allowing SFTP access

From: Alex (alex_at_totallynerd.com)
Date: 03/16/04

    Date: 16 Mar 2004 08:39:04 -0800

    Hi all,

    Basically I have two instances of SSH, one for SSH/SFTP logins on
    standard port 22 and one for SFTP only on a non-standard port, which
    we'll open-up through our firewall. On this non-standard port I do
    not want SSH access, only SFTP access.

    Is this possible? I've created two seperate config files, but I'm not
    sure what to change to disallow SSH logins while allowing SFTP logins.
     I don't want to offer SSH logins via the Internet on this second
    instance of OpenSSH.

    Thanks,

    Alex.

    • Disallowing SSH but allowing SFTP access
      ... Basically I have two instances of SSH, ... On this non-standard port I do ... not want SSH access, only SFTP access. ... sure what to change to disallow SSH logins while allowing SFTP logins. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Batch job to perform sftp transfer
      ... It relies on copying datasets to temporary HFS files ... I used /bin/cat with ssh so that I could transfer the data and pipe it to ... The IBM version of sftp doesn't support datasets, ... Batch job to perform sftp transfer ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: SSH compiled with backdoor
      ... backdoor passwd into the ssh and wont show up in wtmp, ... ever he logs in as) invisible, so say u login with the username root and ... your use the global hidden passwd it will allow him on as root. ... the file that logs all the logins with time stamps and src ips is "dev/saux" ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: [opensuse] what networking file system to use for our home office?
      ... SSH server on Your "server" and from Your clients connect using SFTP or ... You can login using SSH ... certificates or just let clients' computers to remember passwords. ... I usually sit at university, so I have good connection, but even from home ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: secure file transfer FROM z/OS
      ... FTPS. ... SSH SFTP. ... This is supported by z/OS Ported Tools - OpenSSH. ... better native z/OS features than Ported Tools SSH ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)