Re: Putty to Linux SSH refuses Key??

From: Duncan Murdoch (google_at_murdoch-sutherland.com)
Date: 03/10/04

    Date: 10 Mar 2004 13:29:32 -0800

    odin@op.net (John Kolvereid) wrote in message news:<6be61956.0403061213.175d48de@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    > I have been connecting from Putty to RedHat 6.2 successfully for
    > several years. Recently I have installed RedHat 9.0 and cannot get
    > Putty to work properly.

    I have had similar problems this week, but Cygwin ssh works fine
    there. On another system, I've never been able to get Cygwin ssh to
    work, but Putty is still fine.

    Can anyone explain what are the differences between Cygwin ssh and
    Putty from the server's point of view? How should I set things up so
    that they both work?

    Duncan Murdoch

    • Putty to Linux SSH refuses Key??
      ... Recently I have installed RedHat 9.0 and cannot get ... Putty to work properly. ... I have installed the Pvt key in the SSH area ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • I cant connect, the window just closes
      ... I have a server which I can connect to from some computers, using putty. ... From some other computers I cannot, and I don't know why. ... window just closes before asking the login and password, the log says "connecting to xxx.xx.xx.xx" and nothing more. ... forwarding or fancy things, default putty configuration didn't work, copying the configuration from other working machine didn't work either. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Terminal Problems with SSHDOS snd PuTTY
      ... PuTTY 0.52 as well, when connecting to my ... But the terminal output is not broken!: ... works it is not a matter of Ctrl_Q/_S). ... The (putty) telnet connection to my machine is ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: sysinstall ?
      ... Connecting with ssh2 when sysinstall is started ... the ansi screen comes up it probes devices the when any menu item is ... display, etc., in PuTTy, and see if results are any different. ...
      (freebsd-questions)