Re: FTP port forwarding in SSH.. Secure??

From: Richard E. Silverman (
Date: 02/28/04

    Date: 28 Feb 2004 10:04:55 -0500

        NJ> Can you not use passive mode,,, thats supposed to transfer the
        NJ> data over the same connection?

    No, it doesn't -- FTP "passive" mode simply makes the data connections in
    the other direction, i.e. from client to server.

      Richard Silverman

    • Re: .Net Scalability problem
      ... LoadRunner will peak out a server with a few virtual users. ... To get an idea of load, ... Fire off the test client and watch the number of ... > So I think that the MTC generate concurrent connection and per ...
    • Re: Connection lost at same time every hour (sometimes)
      ... After making the two following alterations on the server the problem seems ... After analyze your ipconfig on SBS and client, ... Then, other connection is good, ...
    • Re: server disconnection - very often
      ... Reason of permanent popups is VMware server aplication on clients. ... Run CEICW to configure the network of SBS: ... Two network adapters - manual router connection to broadband ... Uninstall VMware on client. ...
    • Re: Lan setup 2 nic
      ... The external nic only has TCP/IP enabled. ... Ipconfig of the server is looking good, but the client is still missing the ... > connection so we have a 2 nic with router setup now. ...
    • Re: Regular disconnections from remote web workplace
      ... I can connect to office server and all office clients from home at all times ... be physically working right up until the connection is lost. ... If I enter http://companyip from a client I receive the login screen for the ... Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and Disable ...