[URG] SSH & PAM

From: Sensei (noone_at_nowhere.org)
Date: 02/23/04

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:24:37 GMT

Hi.

In my lab I'm using PAM to make users authenticate to an AFS cell, using
the afs authentication. So I'm using "UsePAM yes" in sshd_config in order
to make ssh aware of the remote login authentication.

The problem is that I get a *very* strange behaviour. When I login from a
workstation, I get no problem. Using ssh with the _same_ username/pwd I
get permission problems:

login: myuser
AFS Passord: abcd

$ ls
Desktop/ myfile.text

But:

ssh myuser@localhost
AFS Password: abcd

.tcsh.config: Permission denied.

$ ls
.tcsh.config: Permission denied.
.bashrc: Permission denied.
Desktop/ myfile.text

On some files I get this *very* strange permission denied error. Note that
every file belongs to the user and permissions are well set (rw-r--r--).

--
Sensei    <mailto:senseiwa@tin.it>
          <icqnum:241572242>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [URG] SSH & PAM
    ... : the afs authentication. ... to make ssh aware of the remote login authentication. ... What version of SSH? ... Since you were able to login, we'll assume that the PAM module is correctly ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SSH / afs question
    ... > I am using cygwin ssh to log into a linux cluster that uses afs as the ... > file system. ... The problem starts when I try to use RSA authentication. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • SSH / afs question
    ... Everything works fine as long as I use password authentication. ... I am neither an ssh nor an afs expert so I have no idea if this ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • pam authentication (Re: setting up an openafs server on Debian)
    ... But in any case, AFS ... I basically want the login to behave as follows. ... If you use a session module ... # account required pam_access.so ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: afs password
    ... > I have compiled openssh_2.9 with AFS support. ... > users are allowed to login to my systems using just their AFS password. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)