[URG] SSH & PAM

From: Sensei (noone_at_nowhere.org)
Date: 02/23/04

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:24:37 GMT

Hi.

In my lab I'm using PAM to make users authenticate to an AFS cell, using
the afs authentication. So I'm using "UsePAM yes" in sshd_config in order
to make ssh aware of the remote login authentication.

The problem is that I get a *very* strange behaviour. When I login from a
workstation, I get no problem. Using ssh with the _same_ username/pwd I
get permission problems:

login: myuser
AFS Passord: abcd

$ ls
Desktop/ myfile.text

But:

ssh myuser@localhost
AFS Password: abcd

.tcsh.config: Permission denied.

$ ls
.tcsh.config: Permission denied.
.bashrc: Permission denied.
Desktop/ myfile.text

On some files I get this *very* strange permission denied error. Note that
every file belongs to the user and permissions are well set (rw-r--r--).

--
Sensei    <mailto:senseiwa@tin.it>
          <icqnum:241572242>