Re: Windows + Cygwin question

From: PT Wang (news1003_at_paultwang.com)
Date: 02/07/04

    Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 05:17:08 GMT

    "pekka.niiranen" <pekka.niiranen@wlanmail.com> wrote in message
    news:_rLUb.170$up6.104@read3.inet.fi...
    > Hi,
    >
    > No, I would not like them to have administrator rights.
    > I currently have two users created by SSH installation
    > program defined in windows:
    > 1) sshd sshd privsep, that is disabled
    > 2) sshd_server sshd server account that is enabled

    Assuming "sshd_server" is a service account, can your SSH server properly
    authenticate users and drop privileges from the service account to the user
    account?

    > I was hoping to use keybased SSH access to Windows machine,
    > but it seems I have to create separate user with limited rights
    > to restrict access to certain disks.

    • Re: Service Account replaced by IUSR ??
      ... - giving the service account administrator rights ... - in the IIS 6 web, anonymous access is switched off, using integrated authentication ... Logon Failure: ...
    • Service Account replaced by IUSR ??
      ... - giving the service account administrator rights ... But the application breaks down when I want to create the folder, for the reason that the app doesn't have access rights to the folder. ... Logon Failure: ...