norton internet security blocks Putty connection

From: margurite reid (margurite_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: 01/11/04

    Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:36:41 -0500

    When I log onto PUtty with NIS enabled, I cannot connect to the server. If
    I disable it, I can. Have tried doing manual settings under NIS by setting
    the 'allow all' rule for Putty but no luck.
    has anyone been able to correct this?

    • Re: CORE-2004-0705: Vulnerabilities in PuTTY and PSCP
      ... difficult to exploit w/o modifying source for an ssl server. ... packets, got hexdumps of the packets, wrote a prog to pretend to be an ssl ... or build packets with the ssl functions used in putty.. ... Vulnerabilities in PuTTY and PSCP ...
      (Vuln-Dev)
    • PuTTY suddenly stopped working (WinXPsp2 to FreeBSD5.4)
      ... assumption is that the problem is on the Client machine. ... On the Server ... ... Open a PuTTY session and I am prompted for a username. ... Event Log: Writing new session log to file: ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Help please: how to enable SSH password authentication under FreeBSD 6.2?
      ... I'm installing my fall-back server, ... PuTTY, PuTTY keeps failing mentioning something like 'host key check ... # Kerberos options ... # Set this to 'no' to disable PAM authentication ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Help please: how to enable SSH password authentication under FreeBSD 6.2?
      ... I'm installing my fall-back server, ... PuTTY, PuTTY keeps failing mentioning something like 'host key check ... # Kerberos options ... # Set this to 'no' to disable PAM authentication ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Help please: how to enable SSH password authentication under FreeBSD 6.2?
      ... Now, I want to be able to access it using SSH (PuTTY, most often) from anywhere in the world, and hence would like to enable password authentication in SSH again. ... Therefore, I used the same /etc/ssh/sshd_config as on my live server, where this works fine. ... I recall having had this issue before, and I *think* the resolution was to enable PAM authentication or so outside of /etc/ssh/sshd_config. ... # Kerberos options ...
      (freebsd-questions)