Re: X11 forwarding in OpenSSH question

From: Nikolay Arbuzov (narbuzov_at_att.com)
Date: 11/21/03

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:28:17 -0500

Poblem must be somwhere else. If xterm and other stuff working
than ssh forwarding connections to your server. Cold be some server
misconfiguration. Lookup this errors on google. I can't even try myself
becouse don't have KDE anywhere. Just plain X.

"Mikhail Umorin" <mikeumo@onebox.com> wrote in message
> Nikolay Arbuzov wrote:
>
> > And it makes no difference which X11 program you run right?
> > Even xterm not working?
> >

> xterm is working fine, no messages.
>
> "konsole" however gives me this:
>
> libGL error: failed to open DRM: Operation not permitted
> libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
> Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
> konsole: cannot chown /dev/pts/1.
> Reason: Operation not permitted
> konsole_grantpty: determined a strange device name `/dev/ptmx'.
> konsole: chownpty failed for device /dev/pts/1::/dev/pts/1.
> : This means the session can be eavesdroped.
> : Make sure konsole_grantpty is installed in
> : /usr/bin/ and setuid root.
> ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 15750, errno = 0
>
> I have /usr/bin/konsole_grantpty with setuid root on both hosts.
>

> It looks like programs from KDE bundle (like konqueror, kwrite) definitely
> have this problem.
>
> What else should I try? Could this be related to window decorations?
(xterm
> doe not have any, while konsole has)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Commands updatedb and locate are unrecognized
    ... > server in the first place. ... when it came to selecting the applications. ... But there is an icon on the panel that gives me an xterm whenever ... The only other main distro I know of with "enterprise" in the name is by ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • X server and xinit works excellent....almost.
    ... This wish to understand may also explain why I bother to be curious about something that may be of little, if any, practical concern since my X server display runs well with twm and awesome so far... ... Not that I couldn't live without zapping, but...when I know about it that it should be there and it is taken fom me I feel an URGE to get the zap! ... Experimenting with this I discovered that if I started the first way, with option vtXX and the system went black, I actually still could reach the server from my laptop and ssh-login, and start xterm from there. ... But when I wanted to just start an xterm without a window manager, like "xinit xterm " it should, according to the book, ignore .xinitrc and go for the options given to it. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: DVD flickers
    ... > I am running on an ATI Radeon. ... X server, or the X server from XFree86? ... When you start xine in an xterm ... Which video output plugin was xine using before ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: x terminal from a z/OS USS host
    ... xterm must be setuid root to use USS terminal ... There are useful workarounds for z/OS xterm. ... If you have a full blown X Windows server ... If you don't have an X Windows server, ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: starting X in virtual consoles
    ... was if i use startx --:1 then my wm gnome boots up and i can do X ... opening a xterm from virual terminals other than F8.Hope i got it rite ... > An xterm requires a display, which implies an X server. ... Not sure what you really want, but good luck. ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)