Re: Setting environment variables on remote shell?

From: Thomas Guettler (guettli_at_thomas-guettler.de)
Date: 11/17/03

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:56:09 +0100

Am Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:35:17 -0500 schrieb NetNews:

> Thomas,
>
> You can use ~/.ssh/environment file with variables you want to export to
> remote host:
>
> $ cat /usr/netscape/icoremll/.ssh/environment
> aaa=bbb
>
> $ ssh host_b
> $ echo $aaa
> bbb

Is there a way to do something like this, even if
PermitUserEnvironment is set to "no" in sshd_config?

 thomas

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Setting environment variables on remote shell?
    ... $ ssh host_b ... > user@host> echo $TEST ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SSH through wireless router
    ... When you say that I should try ssh ... Connection closed by remote host ... When I went to sshd to port 2222: ... debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How do I port forward through 2 remote hosts?
    ... You gave a port number. ... desktop to a remote host for many years. ... I have read through the SSH FAQ which did nothing to help me ... loss to understand what remote forwardings (as opposed to local ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Passwordless ssh - SOLVED -
    ... I can now login without passwords but I have to kinit on each box before it will work. ... I built my kdc and configured my ssh daemon to use kerberos on both computers. ... I copied the krb5.keytab file to my remote host and setup the krb5.conf file on the remote host. ... After this is done I can ssh from my KDC to my remote host and I am not asked to enter my password. ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: unattended file transfer with ssh
    ... disadvantage to using rsync and can't come up with one:) ... To set up ssh, ... $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote host. ... On the local machine invoke this command: ...
    (comp.security.ssh)