Re: SSH ignores locked accounts

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_dodgy.net.au)
Date: 11/11/03

    Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:04:18 GMT

    In article <268fc341.0311102223.10b54c01@posting.google.com>,
    UnixFan <gxy1997@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
    >> [about sshd honouring locked accounts]
    >
    >By default, without specific configuration, such as putting public key
    >into .ssh/authorized_keys file, the account is locked. And when the
    >account's password is invalid, only system administrator will be able
    >to make the necessary configuration for the account to be able to log
    >on through ssh.

    True, for a new account. What if the account has previously been active
    and is then locked?

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: open-ssh on AIX
      ... >please see the system administrator. ... The account is locked. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Migrating from Tiger to Snow does not get web server migration.
      ... default Apache configuration. ... At a minimum, you would have to re-enable PHP, since it is disabled by ... I logged into the clean macbook account (the one that I set up ... the basic installed first user account. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Re: 4 forests-domains, roaming clients, no trusts, not Internet-Ba
      ... "Windows Server 2003 and Cross Forest Site Communications ... Communications across forests work in Configuration Manager 2007 if the ... Account appears to be for Client to Server communication. ...
      (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
    • Re: Minimizing the number of "setuid root" daemons
      ... >allow me to specify exactly what a particular privileged program can and ... reads system timezone configuration ... local account database ... generic -- maintaining an overall database of allowed actions would be ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Server Application Unavailable
      ... The configuration is Windows 2000, with .NET 2.0 the default ASP.NET ... password supplied in the processModel section of the config file ... directory allow access to the configured account. ... Read/write rights in the ASP.NET Temporary Files under the framework directory ...