Re: Getting remote user and remote host

From: Michael Heiming (michael+USENET_at_www.heiming.de)
Date: 11/10/03

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:10:15 +0100

Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Michael Heiming" <michael+USENET@www.heiming.de> wrote in message
[..]
> > You just need to setup accounts for each user, it's
> > a rather bad idea to use a shared account and now
> > blame ssh for your wrong usage of unix.

> There are numerous compelling reasons to do this, usually involving shared
> access to special user privileges on that specific server.

There's not a single reason to do this, setup an account for each user and
let them use 'su' or even better 'sudo' for logging purposes, to use the
application user.

[..]

--
Michael Heiming
inconvenience, but I get tons of SPAM

Relevant Pages

  • setting up user accounts
    ... I have been using the administrative account that is the default from the ... Now I need to setup accounts. ... How do I setup a new account with admin ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Security Message When Accessing SentOnBehalfOfName
    ... Keep your Outlook categories organized! ... shared account). ... When I send messages from the shared account the ... message is stored in "Sent Items" of my personal account. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • Security Message When Accessing SentOnBehalfOfName
    ... shared account). ... When I send messages from the shared account the ... message is stored in "Sent Items" of my personal account. ... All three PCs are Outlook 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • Re: from field when sending email
    ... You need to clarify what you mean by shared account. ... "Dr Mark Levy" wrote in message ... >I use a broadband email service at home shared with a few users. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.contacts)
  • Re: how to use sudo in combination with GUI scp tool
    ... system using the shared account, we lose tracebility (we do not see any ... login with their own account and then can do a sudo to the shared ... account (after giving the sudo password of their own account). ...
    (comp.security.ssh)