Re: Getting remote user and remote host

From: Michael Heiming (michael+USENET_at_www.heiming.de)
Date: 11/10/03

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:10:15 +0100

Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Michael Heiming" <michael+USENET@www.heiming.de> wrote in message
[..]
> > You just need to setup accounts for each user, it's
> > a rather bad idea to use a shared account and now
> > blame ssh for your wrong usage of unix.

> There are numerous compelling reasons to do this, usually involving shared
> access to special user privileges on that specific server.

There's not a single reason to do this, setup an account for each user and
let them use 'su' or even better 'sudo' for logging purposes, to use the
application user.

[..]

--
Michael Heiming
inconvenience, but I get tons of SPAM

Relevant Pages

  • setting up user accounts
    ... I have been using the administrative account that is the default from the ... Now I need to setup accounts. ... How do I setup a new account with admin ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Security Message When Accessing SentOnBehalfOfName
    ... Keep your Outlook categories organized! ... shared account). ... When I send messages from the shared account the ... message is stored in "Sent Items" of my personal account. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • Security Message When Accessing SentOnBehalfOfName
    ... shared account). ... When I send messages from the shared account the ... message is stored in "Sent Items" of my personal account. ... All three PCs are Outlook 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • Re: how to use sudo in combination with GUI scp tool
    ... 2BILD> thanks for the effort Richard but if we allow the users to ... 2BILD> access the system using the shared account, ... You also get that with sudo. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: from field when sending email
    ... You need to clarify what you mean by shared account. ... "Dr Mark Levy" wrote in message ... >I use a broadband email service at home shared with a few users. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.contacts)