Re: passing passwords vi Putty possible ?

From: Per Hedeland (per_at_hedeland.org)
Date: 11/05/03

Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:04:05 +0000 (UTC)

In article <2-CdnZ7-f9CJFjWiRVn-gg@comcast.com> "Nico Kadel-Garcia"
<nkadel@comcast.net> writes:

>"newexpectuser" <anthonypieper@cs.com> wrote in message
>> I am trying to connect to an internal secure ftp server via ssh and
>> running a Unix script. I want to do the following:
>>
>> 1) I need to pass a userid and password (no keys)
>> 2) Make sure the connect was successful
>> 3) mget files in a directory on the secure ftp server
>> 4) delete those files I just did the mget on, however I cannot just do
>> a rm *.* as it is possible a file could be uploaded after I have
>> downloaded the files, thus using a rm *.*, I would delete the file(s)
>> that were just uploaded.
>>
>> I have putty 0.53b version running, but I've just used it to this
>> point to make a connection, I'm not sure how to even start scripting
>> this in Putty, do I need Plink or some other software ?
>
>Use "rsync" with "-e ssh" instead, easily available as part of CygWin and
>quite capable of deleting source files only after they are successfully
>transferred.

Somewhat off-topic here, but that last part is certainly news to me and
would obviously be at odds with the very purpose of rsync, since source
and destination would then *not* be in sync after completion. Care to
expand on how that would be achieved?

--Per Hedeland
per@hedeland.org

Relevant Pages

  • passing passwords vi Putty possible ?
    ... running a Unix script. ... mget files in a directory on the secure ftp server ... I have putty 0.53b version running, but I've just used it to this ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: passing passwords vi Putty possible ?
    ... > running a Unix script. ... > 3) mget files in a directory on the secure ftp server ... > this in Putty, do I need Plink or some other software? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: passing passwords vi Putty possible ?
    ... putty is a windows gui, you must use the command line version of it. ... > running a Unix script. ... > 3) mget files in a directory on the secure ftp server ...
    (comp.security.ssh)