Re: X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication

From: Nico Kadel-Garcia (nkadel_at_comcast.net)
Date: 11/05/03

    Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 00:23:48 -0500

    "D. Gerasimatos" <dim@soda.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote in message
    news:bo64ip$qt7$1@agate.berkeley.edu...

    > I have two similarly configured workstations running HP-UX. One of them
    > works fine. The other does not. The symptom is that I cannot open 'dtterm'
    > using X forwarding. The messages are:
    >

    > X11 connection uses different authentication protocol.
    > X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
    >

    > The strange thing is that it will forward xterm, xemacs, and even dtpad.
    > Why won't dtterm forward? I've run three different version of ssh (2.9,
    > 3.5, and the latest) with the same results. I do not think it is ssh,
    > but perhaps someone can point me to the real problem.

    Can you try OpenSSH? And did you compile the ssh software locally on each
    machine, or on a master machine that may have a different X configuration?
    Do the machines have different default PATH's finding different versions of
    xauth?

    • Re: X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication
      ... > I have two similarly configured workstations running HP-UX. ... The symptom is that I cannot open 'dtterm' ... > X11 connection uses different authentication protocol. ... I've run three different version of ssh (2.9, ...
      (comp.sys.hp.hpux)
    • X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication
      ... The symptom is that I cannot open 'dtterm' ... X11 connection uses different authentication protocol. ... X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication. ... I've run three different version of ssh (2.9, ...
      (comp.sys.hp.hpux)
    • X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication
      ... The symptom is that I cannot open 'dtterm' ... X11 connection uses different authentication protocol. ... X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication. ... I've run three different version of ssh (2.9, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication
      ... The symptom is that I cannot open 'dtterm' ... Perhaps you have disabled the MIT Magic-Cookie authentication or tried to ... run dtterm as a user other than the one that established the SSH ...
      (comp.sys.hp.hpux)