Re: passing passwords vi Putty possible ?

From: Vahid (sunman_at_ureach.com)
Date: 11/04/03

Date: 3 Nov 2003 20:04:38 -0800

putty is a windows gui, you must use the command line version of it.
It is called, plink.exe. You can find it everywhere, the current
version is .53b.
Vahid.

anthonypieper@cs.com (newexpectuser) wrote in message news:<f0bb0f39.0311031237.bedb486@posting.google.com>...
> I am trying to connect to an internal secure ftp server via ssh and
> running a Unix script. I want to do the following:
>
> 1) I need to pass a userid and password (no keys)
> 2) Make sure the connect was successful
> 3) mget files in a directory on the secure ftp server
> 4) delete those files I just did the mget on, however I cannot just do
> a rm *.* as it is possible a file could be uploaded after I have
> downloaded the files, thus using a rm *.*, I would delete the file(s)
> that were just uploaded.
>
> I have putty 0.53b version running, but I've just used it to this
> point to make a connection, I'm not sure how to even start scripting
> this in Putty, do I need Plink or some other software ?
>
> Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • passing passwords vi Putty possible ?
    ... running a Unix script. ... mget files in a directory on the secure ftp server ... I have putty 0.53b version running, but I've just used it to this ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: passing passwords vi Putty possible ?
    ... > running a Unix script. ... > 3) mget files in a directory on the secure ftp server ... > this in Putty, do I need Plink or some other software? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: passing passwords vi Putty possible ?
    ... >> 2) Make sure the connect was successful ... >> 3) mget files in a directory on the secure ftp server ... >> this in Putty, do I need Plink or some other software? ... >quite capable of deleting source files only after they are successfully ...
    (comp.security.ssh)