passing passwords vi Putty possible ?

From: newexpectuser (anthonypieper_at_cs.com)
Date: 11/03/03

Date: 3 Nov 2003 12:37:48 -0800

I am trying to connect to an internal secure ftp server via ssh and
running a Unix script. I want to do the following:

1) I need to pass a userid and password (no keys)
2) Make sure the connect was successful
3) mget files in a directory on the secure ftp server
4) delete those files I just did the mget on, however I cannot just do
a rm *.* as it is possible a file could be uploaded after I have
downloaded the files, thus using a rm *.*, I would delete the file(s)
that were just uploaded.

I have putty 0.53b version running, but I've just used it to this
point to make a connection, I'm not sure how to even start scripting
this in Putty, do I need Plink or some other software ?

Thanks