X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication

From: D. Gerasimatos (dim_at_soda.csua.berkeley.edu)
Date: 11/03/03

Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:51:21 +0000 (UTC)

I have two similarly configured workstations running HP-UX. One of them
works fine. The other does not. The symptom is that I cannot open 'dtterm'
using X forwarding. The messages are:

X11 connection uses different authentication protocol.

The strange thing is that it will forward xterm, xemacs, and even dtpad.
Why won't dtterm forward? I've run three different version of ssh (2.9,
3.5, and the latest) with the same results. I do not think it is ssh,
but perhaps someone can point me to the real problem.

Dimitri