Re: setting ssh-add environment variables on Windows

dkoleary_at_attbi.com
Date: 10/28/03

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:46:51 GMT

Hey;

Julie Bielski <JBIELSKI1@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm running the OpenSSH for Windows client without a full cygwin
> environment. Has anyone figured out a way to do a system-wide set of the
> SSH_AUTH_SOCKET and SSH_AGENT_PID environment variables under Windows? What
> would be nice is if you could run ssh-agent from a login script, get
> prompted once for your identiy passphrase, and then have these variables be
> set for the duration of your session and available from each cmd window.
> Seems impossible to do without a full cygwin install and access to a bash
> shell, etc. Someone handy with DOS debug could probably figure out a clever
> way to make this happen.

I haven't tried the openssh/windows client. I use putty on my
OS-challenged systems. That comes with a pagent command which
caches the private key much like the ssh-agent does on real operating
systems.

If you can't find a similar program in the openssh client, putty
can be found at: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

HTH;

Doug

--------
Senior UNIX Admin
O'Leary Computer Enterprises
dkoleary@attbi.com (w) 630-904-6098 (c) 630-248-2749
resume: http://home.attbi.com/~dkoleary/resume.html

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DC =?iso-8859-1?Q?hin=FCber_nach_=C4nderung_von_Privilegien?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_(O
    ... >> Deinstallieren und Cygwin installieren. ... statt den administrativen Privilegien des OpenSSH Daemon. ... als ohne strict mode und ohne Privilege ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.server.general)
  • [djm@cvs.openbsd.org: OpenSSH 4.0 released]
    ... OpenSSH 4.0 has just been released. ... implementation and includes sftp client and server support. ... AllowGroups and DenyGroups (Bugzilla #909) ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Announce: OpenSSH 4.3 released
    ... OpenSSH 4.3 has just been released. ... implementation and includes sftp client and server support. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: OpenSSH
    ... OpenSSH" rather, ... from the same client IP, same client program, same options on the ... rather long delay after answering the password prompt. ... and a password prompt all at once instantly. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Setting TCP filter access for SSH connection
    ... Depends on the ssh server you are using. ... If you are using Cygwin to ... provide you with openssh, then it now includes TCP Wrappers. ... Senior System Administrator - Web Infrastructure & Security ...
    (Security-Basics)