Re: HP-UX shadow password

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_dodgy.net.au)
Date: 10/08/03

Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 03:23:43 GMT

In article <37a569f9.0310071021.6e4e2261@posting.google.com>,
Vahid <vahid@ureach.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>I have manages to get HP-UX to authenticate with /etc/shadow password
>but I seem not to be able to get sshd to look into shadow file for
>passwords. I compiled the latest openssh which fixes this problem but
>still no luck.
>Here is some system information:
>Compiling server: HP-UX 10.20 (Trusted based)
>Target host: HP-UX 11i shadow password.

Unfortunately 3.7x don't play nicely with HP-UX's shadow passwords.
We're working to fix it, in the mean time you can apply this patch[0]
which contains just the HP-UX fixes since 3.7.1p2.

[0] http://www.zip.com.au/~dtucker/openssh/openssh-3.7.1p2-hpux.patch

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Connection closing on AIX 5.1 - UPDATE
    ... >happens whether I try to use public keys or passwords. ... setpcred is called during session startup (just before you get your ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Empty passwords refused in OpenSSH 3.8p1
    ... I created a 'anoncvs' ... typo since you say it works in some configurations below). ... > passwords support), and the same configuration, it does not work. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Where is the key for the password files stored?
    ... >>I want to reinstall an old redhat system with debian, ... > You can't decrypt passwords - because they are not crypted at all. ... really) again and compared with the one in the shadow file. ... I wasn't looking to decrypt first. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Question about the passwd file
    ... >>I have switched off shadow and md5 authentication from authconfig. ... >>So my question is WHERE DO THESE PASSWORDS RESIDE ??? ... I renamed shadow to ... > is still authenticating using the new shadow file ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: make ssh log massword entered?
    ... > Recently there has been dozens of ssh cracking on my site. ... > real hackers because they simply tried to guess the passwords using all ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)