Re: Random software droppouts using Putty 0.53b

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_dodgy.net.au)
Date: 09/17/03

    Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 04:01:41 GMT

    In article <un0d4cir3.fsf@facilitatedsystems.com>,
    Bill Harris <bill_harris@facilitatedsystems.com> wrote:
    >I'm having the same or a similar problem, but, at least in my case, I'm
    >blaming it on the Netgear MR814v2 router. It works great when I'm
    >connected via Ethernet, but it breaks momentarily 2-4 times an hour on
    >802.11b.

    I had that problem with mine and returned it as faulty. I was using
    Avaya client cards FWIW, and only had trouble talking to the Netgear.

    The interface would drop out just for a second, but long enough to cream
    any TCP connections that were established. It didn't affect just PuTTY,
    that was just the most visible symptom.

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.