Re: Random software droppouts using Putty 0.53b

From: Bill Harris (bill_harris_at_facilitatedsystems.com)
Date: 09/17/03

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:21:17 GMT

Owen Dunn <owend@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> This error occurs when the Windows network code decides that your
> network connection is dead. For example, it will happen if you pull
> the network cable out of the back of an Ethernet-connected computer,
> or if Windows has any other similar reason to believe the entire
> network has become unreachable.
>
> We are not aware of any reason why this error might occur that would
> represent a bug in PuTTY. The problem is between you, your Windows
> system, your network and the remote system.

I'm having the same or a similar problem, but, at least in my case, I'm
blaming it on the Netgear MR814v2 router. It works great when I'm
connected via Ethernet, but it breaks momentarily 2-4 times an hour on
802.11b.

IOW, my experience suggests it's not PuTTY, as well.

Bill

--
Bill Harris                                  3217 102nd Place SE
Facilitated Systems                          Everett, WA 98208 USA