Re: Random software droppouts using Putty 0.53b

From: Bill Harris (
Date: 09/17/03

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:21:17 GMT

Owen Dunn <> writes:

> This error occurs when the Windows network code decides that your
> network connection is dead. For example, it will happen if you pull
> the network cable out of the back of an Ethernet-connected computer,
> or if Windows has any other similar reason to believe the entire
> network has become unreachable.
> We are not aware of any reason why this error might occur that would
> represent a bug in PuTTY. The problem is between you, your Windows
> system, your network and the remote system.

I'm having the same or a similar problem, but, at least in my case, I'm
blaming it on the Netgear MR814v2 router. It works great when I'm
connected via Ethernet, but it breaks momentarily 2-4 times an hour on

IOW, my experience suggests it's not PuTTY, as well.

Bill Harris                                  3217 102nd Place SE
Facilitated Systems                          Everett, WA 98208 USA               phone: +1 425 337-5541

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Computer does not recognize printer attached to another comput
    ... This was the very first thing I did when I thought of MOM being able to use ... I tried network connection 3 ways - using the XP cd, ... than just simply turn sharing on or off. ... use the Network Connection Wizard in All Programs> Accessories ...
  • Re: What would prevent an ISAPI extension from opening a socket on IIS 6?
    ... Both fail when they try to make that network ... way as to make opening any network connection impossible. ... > on your Windows Server 2003 but not your customer's? ... > through ISAPI Filters. ...
  • Re: Error when accessing Network Properties
    ... when I attempt to access my Network Connections ... "Windows could not load the installer for NET. ... Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection ... WAN Miniport - Packet Scheduler Miniport ...
  • Re: No "Protocol" Tab
    ... Windows IP Configuration ... PRO/100 VE Network Connecti ... >>properties all I have is a General Tab and nothing else. ... Right-click your network connection and click ...
  • Re: Firewall now has numerous ports???
    ... my network computers use my Netgear firewall/router as their ... or use a personal firewall such as Sygate. ... Sygate will tell you what is trying to use your network connection either incoming or ... > can control what ports are monitored by ICF. ...