Q: KeepAlive not working

From: G. Ralph Kuntz, MD (grk_at_usa.net)
Date: 09/15/03

    Date: 15 Sep 2003 05:59:22 -0700

    My laptop (Debian Woody unstable) is behind a Linksys router acting as
    a firewall (all ports from inside allowed out, only 22, 80, 443
    allowed from outside). When I ssh to machines inside the LAN, they
    never disconnect. If I connect to a machine outside of the LAN (DMZ),
    it hangs after about 5 minutes of idle time, despite the fact that I
    have "KeepAlive yes" in my sshd_config file.

    I imagine that it have something to do with my Linksys box, but I
    can't figure out what.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks, Ralph