Re: File tranfer size maximum

From: Rune Baggetun (rune.baggetun_at_intermedia.uib.no)
Date: 08/08/03

    Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 09:45:21 +0200

    Hactar wrote:
    > In article <bgtj14$18vh$1@toralf.uib.no>,
    > Rune Baggetun <rune.baggetun@intermedia.uib.no> wrote:
    >
    >>I am using openssh and have problems tranfering 'large' files to the
    >>server with openssh.
    >>
    >>For example a file around 500Mb aborts half the way through the tranfer.
    >

    > 2^31 bits?
    >
    > Dunno, I don't see anything in /etc/ssh/sshd_config that could be relevant.
    > I have openssh-3.1p1 and I just copied a 2.7 GB file from localhost
    > successfully.

    Thanks, I can now use scp manually to copy large files above 2 GB, but
    now I have trouble with Mandrake backup when I choose ssh as transfer
    method. It aborts in the middle of the transfer and I believe it is
    using scp.

    Maybe I should follow up this issue in the Mandrake group.

    Thanks anyway

    - Rune B

    • Re: File tranfer size maximum
      ... >>I am using openssh and have problems tranfering 'large' files to the ... >>server with openssh. ... >>For example a file around 500Mb aborts half the way through the tranfer. ... I ahve also messed around with trying to scrip a backup routine. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • File tranfer size maximum
      ... I am using openssh and have problems tranfering 'large' files to the ... server with openssh. ... For example a file around 500Mb aborts half the way through the tranfer. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: File tranfer size maximum
      ... >I am using openssh and have problems tranfering 'large' files to the ... >server with openssh. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: File tranfer size maximum
      ... Rune Baggetun wrote: ... > I am using openssh and have problems tranfering 'large' files to the ... > server with openssh. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)