Password authentication fails

From: David B. Held (dheld_at_codelogicconsulting.com)
Date: 08/04/03

Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 17:27:05 -0500

I'm using:

Linux 2.2 (RedHat 6.1)
OpenSSH 3.5p1
OpenSSL 0.9.6
Secure Shell 3.2.0 (on Win98)

I can log into the account through telnet (port 23), but when I try to use
password authentication with Secure Shell, no go. Public key
authentication works fine, but I have a user that needs to get in via
password auth. My sshd_config allows password auth. Any ideas?

Dave

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Password authentication fails
    ... > password authentication with Secure Shell, ... *PICK* one, either OpenSSH or Secure Shell, if possible. ... RedHat has a chance to really test in newer OpenSSH releases. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: ssh2 command line with out password
    ... > We use the Secure Shell TM version 3.2 windows client to connect to ... replace the rather expensive commercial tool with OpenSSH as part of ... ssh-agent to store the unlocked private key in RAM only. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: who does not report any output with OpenSSH v4.5p1
    ... HPUX Secure Shell ... HP-UX Secure Shell-A.04.30.007, HP-UX Secure Shell ... I am running OpenSSH v4.5p1 and OpenSSL 0.9.8d on HPUX ...
    (SSH)
  • who does not report any output with OpenSSH v4.5p1
    ... HPUX Secure Shell (built on OpenSSH version 4.3p2) ... After login with my user id and switching to root, ... Now I logout and issue same commands: ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: sshd. "UseDNS no" ignored?
    ... contains both download URLs and "Non-commercial license agreement for SSH Secure Shell for Servers" link. ... that implements those useful features missing in OpenSSH). ...
    (freebsd-stable)