Peer to Peer using Putty?

From: JasonW (no_at_no.com)
Date: 07/24/03

Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:16:20 GMT

I'm quite new to ssh and so please bear with me. Can I use Putty to create a
tunnel between two computers on a network (or over the Internet) when
neither is a server? I'm not sure how Putty can "see" SSH on the other
computer.
I have generated keys on both computers, but I'm not sure where to put them,
or if that is relevant to such a session.

-JasonW

Relevant Pages

  • Re: More on learning "Public Key Authentication"
    ... > computers in my local network are configured that way. ... > A long passphrase is a good idea but for other reasons. ... I _think_ a passphrase is used merely to verify that a public SSH ... _public_ keys between computers, so I do not even use a public SSH ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Login Timeout Problems
    ... I have 3 other computers (running older versions of Red Hat Linux) on the same network that don't have the problem. ... I'll try to SSH to another computer and see what happens. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Someone help me in the right direction for networks <- Might be off topic
    ... I've been asked to set up a network of between 6 and 10 computers, ... we can access documents at home, i'm thinking of running a webdav server to ... not have them ssh into the server, where their home dirs are located. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: SSH Through a HTTP proxy.
    ... The server has an incoming port of 8080, for the internal network, ... allow port forwarding from the SSH port to my computer. ... PuTTY here, but I can not install anything or change anything; ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: VPN on home network
    ... > father is not great at computers I want to be able to ... > on the network called WinVNC. ... > control of his machine via a VPN and using the WinVNC. ... Realvnc provides the remote control while Putty provides the secure layer. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)