Re: openssh and public keys connection

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_dodgy.net.au)
Date: 07/16/03

    Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:13:01 GMT

    In article <af3b6eaa.0307151030.2a28b3f0@posting.google.com>,
    Igor B <igor_bumshteyn@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >is it possible to configure openssh so that it only allows connection
    >if the client already has the server's public key and rejects
    >otherwise.

    In the client's ssh_config, set "StrictHostKeyChecking yes".

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: openssh and public keys connection
      ... >> connection if the client already has the server's public key and ... "reject" made me think he wanted the server to reject the connection; ... If actually he wants the *client* to require ... server authentication by an established key, then yes of course this is ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • configuring ssh-agent to automate passphrase for the key
      ... We are using OpenSSH to secure our Oracle connection. ... On the client ... system we have generated the id_dsa and appended the public key for the ... The passphrase is a must for our requirement. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • openssh and public keys connection
      ... is it possible to configure openssh so that it only allows connection ... if the client already has the server's public key and rejects ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: using ssh2 via NAT - connection problems
      ... but the client did nothing for ages before sending its ... Is that log taken from the server side of the NAT? ... connection, then the server hits the LoginGraceTime ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Max wins
      ... That was their connection - his only connection was with them. ... with his parent's politics, I'd totally agree. ... explicit evidence is not currently in the public domain. ... My beef with Max, though, is his judgement. ...
      (rec.autos.sport.f1)