Re: scp over several hops

From: Thomas Binder (gryf+usenet_at_hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: 07/13/03

Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:33:23 +0000 (UTC)

Hi!

Richard E Silverman <res@qoxp.net> wrote:
> It does not "need netcat;" that was just an example.

Of course, but it will need _something_. Some customers do not
allow anything but a stripped down system, i.e. everything that's
not absolutely necessary on the machine must not be installed.
That's what I meant - I was talking about adminstrative access,
not about user accounts with a $HOME (I should have mentioned
that).

> A situation in which none of these approaches are available
> would be the exception rather than the rule, thus I don't see
> this as a "big disadvantage."

That depends on your point of view. I prefer doing everything with
the least possible additional software, so that it runs (almost)
out-of-the-box on any Unix-system - YMMV.

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf+usenet@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
PGP-key available on request!

Relevant Pages

  • Trip Report part 2 France, Netherlands, Sweden
    ... The Team was Guy Peleg, Andy Goldstein, Richard Bishop, Doug Gordon, ... LaCombe, Jim Lancianni, Jim Janetos, MaryJane Vazquez. ... We arrive to the hotel around ... happen to be customers from Belgium. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: AVR compilers
    ... >big hand for Richard! ... The Salvo guy who ports his RTOS to lots of different compilers and ... We used to use absolute paths but ... that we have many times more customers than the companies that charge ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Address Book
    ... Did you inform your customers of these consequences beforehand, Richard? ... You will never hear from any friends that get a new ISP and a new email ... At the request of several customers, I have put this filter in there mail. ...
  • Re: recursive ssh invocation
    ... "Richard E. Silverman" writes: ... >Kerberos support, configured to use it, and the user doensn't have any ... (in fact it does not if there is no publickey valid method between machine1 ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: How to do an rm through ssh
    ... to invoke a subsystem rather than run a remote command. ... With this, you could use "ssh -s backups", and if the name of the backup ... Richard Silverman ...
    (comp.security.ssh)