Re: passwordless question:

From: Darren Dunham (ddunham_at_redwood.taos.com)
Date: 05/28/03

Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 16:38:19 GMT

NCR Employee <ncremployee@ncr.com> wrote:
> Hi All,

> I am new to ssh. Try to fingure out the problem:

> 1. I have one Windows 2000 box with CYGWIN and ssh run on it
> 2. I have an MP-RAS Unix (NCR unix) box with ssh client

> I try to figure out how to do ssh from my Unix to windows box without
> entering password. If it is possible could you please send me the pointer to
> where I can get information for this problem. I do lots of searching on
> Internet without any success. My email address is kp100012@ncr.com

Install cygwin
Install openssh
Run ssh-host-config
Run ssh-user-config
Copy the private keys to the appropriate place on the UNIX box (usually
 in ~/.ssh/ )
Run sshd
Optionally create a batch script that will cd to the cygwin bin
 directory and then bash -c sshd to launch at startup

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@taos.com
Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company