Slow connecting process

From: Robert Schultz (
Date: 05/25/03

Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 13:34:15 +0200

I've set up a linux machine (SuSE 8.2) and am trying to remote connect
via ssh using either another SuSE command-line ssh or Windows SSH.

No matter which one I log in with, it takes about 25 seconds from
entering the username until he asks for my password.

I didn't change any configuration file on the server, as I am not
really used to linux and configuration options, so what might be the
reason for such slow connecting?

The network in between is Fast Ethernet, and connecting to any other
host works pretty fast, only this one host shows that problem.

Thanks for help,