Slow connecting process

From: Robert Schultz (rjiuurj_at_kgb.ru)
Date: 05/25/03

Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 13:34:15 +0200

Hi.

I've set up a linux machine (SuSE 8.2) and am trying to remote connect
via ssh using either another SuSE command-line ssh or Windows SSH.

No matter which one I log in with, it takes about 25 seconds from
entering the username until he asks for my password.

I didn't change any configuration file on the server, as I am not
really used to linux and configuration options, so what might be the
reason for such slow connecting?

The network in between is Fast Ethernet, and connecting to any other
host works pretty fast, only this one host shows that problem.

Thanks for help,
Robert

Relevant Pages

  • RE: sshd / ssh setup
    ... We have an Remote FreeBSD system which is located some where on the ... This method gives the maximum protection possible utilizing ssh. ... Host setup steps. ... Reboot your system to activate sshd and login as root. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • SSH filter transer, was Re: Soft Update - directory/file listing
    ... But SSH file transfer is painfully slow all the time. ... ## SSH 3.2 Server Configuration File ... # Note that forwardings using the name of this host will be allowed (if ...
    (freebsd-performance)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: OpenSUSE PuTTY ?
    ... PuTTY lets you set up all kinds of special options, tied to which host ... The ssh daemon on the host machine is usually activated by default, ... As a taster to open a remote session in a new window in any konsole ... Windows users should explore Cygwin as this will allow you to run ssh ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Disable name canonicalization for OpenSSH GSSAPI
    ... The issue I'm having is with a new server ... I'm unable to setup the correct reverse ... When I attempt to connect to this host with SSH, ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: hacked?
    ... So I ssh'd in and did a netstat and saw what looked like an unwanted SSH connection... ... On the local host type nmap -sV localhost -p 1-65535 to see what ports respond and which apps/services. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)