Re: How to Xterm to Red Hat from Exceed?

From: William Peckham (mrwbp_at_attbi.com)
Date: 05/07/03

    Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 23:20:37 GMT

    "Juha Laiho" <Juha.Laiho@iki.fi> wrote in message
    news:b98t0j$34q$3@ichaos.ichaos-int...
    > markg9@yahoo.com (Mark) said:
    > >We have a Red Hat 8.0 box. Only SSH access is enabled.
    > >Using Exceed 8.0 with Security Pack add-on you (in theory) can run X
    > >through your SSH connection. Anyone got this to work?
    >
    > Don't know about the "security pack" for Exceed, but just having Exceed
    > server running on my laptop and working with X programs ssh-tunneled
    > from remote servers is a standard mode of operation. Running F-Secure
    > SSH client on the laptop.
    > --
    > Wolf a.k.a. Juha Laiho Espoo, Finland
    > (GC 3.0) GIT d- s+: a C++ ULSH++++$ P++@ L+++ E- W+$@ N++ !K w !O !M V
    > PS(+) PE Y+ PGP(+) t- 5 !X R !tv b+ !DI D G e+ h---- r+++ y++++
    Likewise here. I created a set of batch files that start exceed, they use
    ssh to create a secure tunnel and start xterm on the remote end to display
    on my exceed desktop. I do that because the only exceed license I have is
    version 5! With the latest, you should not need bat files.

    ---

    • Re: How to Xterm to Red Hat from Exceed?
      ... Only SSH access is enabled. ... >through your SSH connection. ... server running on my laptop and working with X programs ssh-tunneled ... SSH client on the laptop. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Simplest way to turn an excel column into a savedlist
      ... internet, where AccuTerm is LAN-based due to telnet. ... many of your clients will be reluctant to provide an ssh server ... supposing you've got a laptop you want to dial in to their system from, ...
      (comp.databases.pick)
    • Re: iwi discarding oversized packets while mtu=1500 for src/dst
      ... Today I wanted to go back to using FreeBSD on my laptop, ... logging in to my FreeBSD server over ssh. ... When I tried to login to the server I got the usual "Password: ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • iwi discarding oversized packets while mtu=1500 for src/dst
      ... Today I wanted to go back to using FreeBSD on my laptop, ... logging in to my FreeBSD server over ssh. ... When I tried to login to the server I got the usual "Password: ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: Next step for RDP...
      ... put the No-IP.com software - on the laptop I presume? ... You can use Remote Desktop across the public internet quite easily. ... One method for accessing more than one PC behind a firewall or router... ... Secure Shell (SSH) tunnel with copSSH as the server package and the PuTTY ...