Re: scp host1:file host2:directory ?

From: Dimitri Maziuk (dima_at_127.0.0.1)
Date: 05/01/03

    Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:36:32 +0000 (UTC)

    Bill Unruh sez:

    > I have a machine A which has direct ssh (authorized hosts) permission on
    > machines B and C.
    >
    > If I do
    > scp B:file C:directory
    > I get a permission denied, while if I do
    > scp B:file /tmp
    > scp /tmp/file C:directory
    > It works like a charm. What is happening? Is scp on A telling scp on B
    > to directly send to C:? I would expect that command to tell B to send to
    > A, and then A sends to C. Is this expectation wrong?

    It works if your key is on all three machines.

    Dima

    --
    "Mirrors and copulation are abominable because they increase the number of
    entities."                                        -- corollary to Occam's Razor

    • scp host1:file host2:directory ?
      ... I have a machine A which has direct ssh (authorized hosts) permission on ... scp B:file C:directory ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: linux to linux scp in batch mode: how?
      ... reason why it works now is because of the dsa key. ... > been configured automatically when I set up ssh, I would imagine that I am ... >> I have ssh and scp up and running on my two Redhat 7.2 Linux machines, ... >> between the machines. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: linux to linux scp in batch mode: how?
      ... And now I can log on via ssh or scp without being prompted for the password. ... I am not specifically using ssh-agent, ... > between the machines. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: scp: no sharing violation while copying
      ... I am doing copies between linux and windows machines using scp. ... rsync copies the file to a temporary file first ... Basically I want to setup a file-based communication protocol between two machines in an heterogenous network, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: cant access shared folders
      ... We used the Linksys "easylink connect" to set up the network. ... On both machines we are able to see all the folders on the other machine which are set to share. ... We have also set all the sharing and permission settings we can find to "allow anyone to do anything". ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)