sudo ssh help...

From: Mridul (mridul_p@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/04/03

From: mridul_p@hotmail.com (Mridul)
Date: 4 Apr 2003 04:16:03 -0800

Good people,

I have a program that calls my program which invokes a system call.
The final command is equivalent to

sudo ssh -l blah 1.2.3.4 sudo <root previlege cmd>

I have set up the passphrases so that I do not have to type the
password for the ssh command.

So,
ssh -l blah 1.2.3.4 sudo ps -eaf

runs just fine. No password required.

But, if I do 'sudo ssh... ', it asks me for the password.

blah@1.2.3.4 password:

How do I ensure that the passphrase is used instead?

Regards,
Mridul.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question on input password on ssh prompt
    ... I am writing a perl script running on the XP, ... command to the remote host. ... Is that a way I can feed it the password without install any ... into linux entry thru ssh command. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: weakness in the restricted shell?
    ... noticed that commands appended to the ssh command will execute even ... though they are not in the users .profile PATH. ... The following command will not be ... Is there anyway of restricting users from performing this action? ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: crontab + rsync problem
    ... passphrases and authorized_keys files with 'from' and 'command' ... If you're using keys *without* passphrases, then I'm not sure why you ... debug1: Applying options for somehost.example.com ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Alpine 1.10 and url-viewers
    ... using an ssh command to get to the remote. ... which launches and closes the browser just fine. ... Beartooth Implacable, PhD, Neo-Redneck Linux Convert ...
    (comp.mail.pine)
  • running remote commands and gathering output
    ... I will call them local and remote. ... run a command on remote via ssh and gather whatever that command prints ... When I run the ssh command, it is actually executed, since the file ... out.txt grows with each execution. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)