openssl/ssh upgrade

From: Mark Potter (mpotter@paradise.net.nz)
Date: 03/18/03

From: "Mark Potter" <mpotter@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:43:34 +1200

I have recently upgraded from openssl-0.9.6g to 0.9.7 and am using openssh
3.5p1, and now I cant su to root.
I have rebuilt the box from scratch with the new version but still no luck.
In logs it has a line:
pam_stack[5988]: substack returned 7 (Authentication failure)

This is after user name is entered, after calling substack.
Somthing is broken and I've spent days looking for clues.
If anyone can help or point me in the right direction it would be a great
help.

Mark Potter
mpotter@paradise.net.nz

"In God we trust, all others we monitor."
--NSA, Intercept Operators's motto, 1970

Relevant Pages

  • USB ports are not recognizing anything. controller not installed
    ... quantum bigfoot 10 gig hard drive as the primary hdd until ... back to the service that rebuilt it b4, ... he did not install the driver for the usb controller. ... since xp was installed i cant use anything, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Adding .db support to pkg_tools
    ... Use the .db file for lookups that can't be done quickly ... where the pkg tools have to scan a lot of files to verify a single ... Ensure the .db file can be deleted and rebuilt from scratch ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: Why isnt this G add9?
    ... helpful to beginners but you cant tell some guy how long it will take ... to learn a song from scratch where he needs to learn a few chords. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • RE: Network Connections/Mappings dropped
    ... The new DC was rebuilt from scratch on a new PC; ... when you loose your mapped drives do you loose ... >Aree there any messages in the event logs that would ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: [9fans] p9_errstr2errno unknown mode
    ... you capturing this data? ... I don't see any bits from the second command. ... As root I can create a file but cant copy a file to the Plan 9 fileserver.. ...
    (comp.os.plan9)